Hey everyone. I'm Jordan. Healthy, in shape, athletic 29 year old male from Birmingham, AL. No history of smoking, tobacco, dip, with only moderate alcohol consumption. Was diagnosed 1/20/15 with SCC of the oral tongue, left side. Had a partial glossectomy, lymph node dissection, and tongue flap reconstruction from forearm at MD Anderson on 2/23/15. I'm actually still here, got my feeding tube out today, and have a followup with the plastic surgeon and head and neck doctor tomorrow. Hopefully they will dismiss me for now with a followup in 2 months I believe. My speech is understandable, but still what they call "soggy", have some swelling and tightness in my neck and under my chin from the lymph node dissection, and my forearm still looks pretty gnarly from the skin graft. All in all, these doctors out here did a fantastic job. Still hard to believe (as well as the doctors) that with my age and background I had and oral tongue SCC. From what it sounds like though, it was caught early and I don't think I'm going to need radiation from what I'm hearing. Anyways, just thought I would introduce myself To everyone here! smile

29 year old healthy athletic male
No history of tobacco/dip/chew
1/22/15 T1-2N0M0 Oral Tongue SCC
2/23/15 Partial Glossectomy with flap reconstruction and lymph node dissection at MD Anderson. All nodes clear.
3/2/15 tracheal tube removed
3/9/15 feeding tube removed