The dental aspects are awful. Will your insurance pay for a denture?

I'm getting free but very slow treatment to replace broken teeth in the form of partial metal dentures. My remaining teeth act as anchors. It's free because I'm in New Zealand where we don't have free dental treatment unless it's a serious oncology issue like mine. Unless it's a medical issue carried out in a hospital.

My former temporary denture was all plastic-like material and could have a new tooth added quickly if one broke off. (I've had a couple break at gum line.)

A denture with one tooth is possible and could be done relatively cheaply and quickly for cosmetic effect. Wouldn't be the most comfortable of things to have in your mouth but could be good for temporarily use while you and your dentist consider future options.

Sorry about the horrible winter but have to admit I'm sick of summer (sacrilege) because it has been so damn hot and humid with no respite. Kind of atypical for NZ where we generally have variable weather patterns.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.