My husband has had the same problem. The ensure etc. drinks were too sweet for him but he does need a lot of fluid to be able to swallow his food. I found Nestles Boost VHC nutritional drink and he uses one twice a day, diluting the drink with 8oz of milk. VHC is 530 calories, add the milk and each meal is over 600 calories. This is the only way he has been able to maintain his weight and actually now he does not like to eat a meal without it. He likes the taste of it. It is not sweet tasting to him.

The only place I have been able to buy it is on line. I order at MDDirect.com as they offer free shipping as the boxes are heavy. Arrives in two to three days. They have several different nutritional drinks so be sure it is the Boost VHC at 530 calories. It also includes protein and is lactose intolerance. Hope this helps.

CG 2 Emmett,7/09 DX SCC rt tongue. T2N1M0, 1 node, marg neg.4/10 PET/CT clear, 9/10 C back. 10/10 Rad hemi, 2 tmrs mod diff. resec flr of mth. Flap 4 nodes/w/ext cap. 11/10 Peg, CX3 HD, 30 rad. 1/31 & 3/21 6/11/11 - PET/CT "activity" 9/11-all Clear. 12/11 peg out. 2/15 still all clear! 9/14 Prostate cancer treated with pencil beam proton therapy, best radiation experience. Keep it in mind as a treatment option for all tumors that can be seen including head and neck.