Hubby finished treatments last week. Still a long road ahead, but I've been thinking about some of the tactics I developed to help us BOTH thru this, and thought we ALL could share some of our tips... I'll start....

Bedside - Swapped out his nighttable for a larger surface piece. A couple of old rugs on the floor, a lined trash can, and an extension cord for his electronics. I put all his meds, syringes, pill crusher, etc. on a tray on the bedside table, made for fewer spills/messes. "Spit bucket" - line a paper lunch sack w/ a quart sized baggie. Easy disposal. Yuk. Probably my least favorite aspect of this whole thing.

Bathroom - cleared off the counter, and set up some plastic bins by category - mouth, throat, daily meds, "as needed" meds. Got a water pik. Large quart jar w/ salt/soda mix.

SignUp Genius - huge help to me for organizing daily rides to rads. Could be used for meals too.

What are YOUR tips and tricks for survival?

Wife to patient with poorly differentiated, non-keratinized, squamous cell carcinoma in one tonsil. Stage 4. T2N2 with metastisation to three lymph nodes of the left neck.
Dx Nov '14
Tonsillectomy and neck dissection Nov '14
Chemo (cisplatin) & radiation started 12/10/14