My advice is do some research. Find out the TOP ENT (who deals with cancer) in your area, find out the TOP GI guy in your area and ask your dr. for a specific referral to them.

Chronic blood loss can lead to a whole host of problems depending on the amount. Aside from not knowing what is causing it, there is the possibility of heart attack do to lack of blood, anemia - etc...

My husband had hemorrhoids - he bled daily. At one point the hospitalized him thinking he had colon cancer (one dr said there is no way he could lose that much blood from a hemorrhoid there had to be something very serious wrong - he had a hemoglobin of 67 (men should be around 167) they thought he would have a heart attack getting to the hospital. But it turns out it was long term chronic blood loss from a nasty hemorrhoid.

So you need to know what is causing it.

as for self referrals to an oncologist. I'm thinking without a report saying you have cancer - it's unlikely they will see you.

I'm sure others have an opinion.

hugs.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan