John's last CT scan indicated that there was only mixed response to the six cycles of taxol and carboplatin. What's new is there's now a hilum node that is 4 cm in size. If it is allowed to grow any bigger, it will cut off the airway. The MO would like him to get some prophylactic radiation for now. We saw the RO yesterday and radiation will start today. It will be 20 gy and will be for five days. We are lucky in that we could get treatment that quickly and our MO is in charge of drug development at the hospital. She is on the ball with all the new trials that are happening. I must say, though, that at times I feel like I am playing the game of whack-a-mole -- we have just dealt with one thing when another crops up. It just doesn't seem to stop. So, here I go, adjusting the sails once more.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.