Today I hit the road (luckily near the local police station) and I had a spontaneous, severe nose bleed as I was driving with my 3-year-old. I started getting shaky and a bit scared of what was happening, so I pulled into the police station and flagged down a police officer. I told him that I felt shaky and light-headed. He told me to get back into the car and he had already called an ambulance for me. So, Tristan and I got lights and sirens to Lowell General. Thankfully the bleeding stopped, but I swallowed a lot of blood...not so good for the tummy. I was scared that a vessel ruptured and I was starting to bleed out. I don't mean to be a Drama Queen. Thank you to the Chelmsford Police Officer who helped me (I didn't get his name) and to Trinity EMS who took care of Tristan and seemed to make it a fun ambulance ride for him! Also, to the LGH ED staff who assured me that I made the right decision to see them, but that I likely wasn't dying, lol! Fortunately, I'm going to see my surgical oncologist tomorrow. I'm hoping that it was just due to the cold/dry weather. I just haven't seen that much blood come out of me. I've seen plenty of surgeries and never flinched, but when it's my own blood, it's a bit different! Wish me luck tomorrow and I'll keep you posted!

37 y/o fem at Dx (23 wks preg @ dx on 3/16/11)
SCC L oral tongue (no risk factors)
L partial gloss/MND 3/28/11 @ 25 wks preg
T1-2N0M0; no rads/chemo
Tonsillectomy on 8/6/12 +SCC L tonsil T2-3N1M0 (HPV-)
Treated with 35 rads/7 carbo & taxol (Rx ended 10/31/12), but many hospitalizations d/t complications from rx.
Various scans since rx ended are NED!
Part of genetic study for rare cancers @ MGH.
44 years old now...I wasn't sure I would make it! Hoping for 40 more!