Welcome to OCF! Im so sorry to read of your diagnosis. You have found a great place to bond with others who truly understand where you are coming from and how hard everything is. We get you in ways others cant. We have been down the same paths and hopefully will be able to advise you to avoid the pitfalls we have been thru.

This may sound silly but I was wondering if you have gone for a second or even third opinion? If not, please consider going to one of the countries top Comprehensive Cancer Centers (CCC's). I believe Vanderbilt is in Nashville. There are many farther away that have housing available for very little or no cost. Cancer patients can eve get complimentary airline transportation. I know traveling to get treated isnt always an option for everyone. But if it is something you could do, at least give it a shot. I almost packed it in and quit in 2009 before the wonderful members of this group convinced me that I couldnt quit before I tried. I guess thats why Im always one to suggest pushing for other opinions from top CCCs. Plus CCCs have been scientifically proven to have better outcomes, especially with complicated cases such as yours.

As far as intake goes, push yourself to take in a minimum of 2500 calories and 48-64 oz of water every single day. Many (including myself) struggle with their intake. The more you can take in the easier treatments are.

Feel free to ask questions. Read and educate yourself. There are 10s of thousands of threads on all kinds of topics here on the forum. Also the main OCF pages have tons of important, helpful info.

Best wishes!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy