This is Cherry Larry's wife. Larry hallucinated so badly he actually cut off his PEG. They replaced with a smaller tube and balloon.
The larger stoma (hole in stomach) has formula that leaks out and tissue growth which looks like blisters are growing.
I try hard to keep him clean.
I have asked for any oral solutions.
I did talk to Dr's and Pharmacist. But what I found most helpful was an app called Drugs.com it shows all meds and what they interact with. Larry also has Ulcerative Colitis and I found those meds were in conflict of many prescribed meds. They also are time released and with Peg size reduced too difficult to put through PEG. So we have discontinued right now.
I have been feeding Larry though the night and day. I follow his feeds 1 hr later with water. I actually use a feeding bag and Joey to run the water in. I think it helps to get food to empty and I encourage him to sleep on left side elevated. He has been tolerating feeds lately. So I am hopeful I am on the right track.
He has his Fentanyl patch which is 75. Sometimes he does better with the Norco than the morphine. It just depends on whats going on with him. I use the Zolfran for nausea and Pepcid and Protonics for acid. But I always check interactions and I also use the app Carezone.
Yes it is hard being a caregiver to the man I love and watch him suffer so. But I try to see this as something that will pass. I am grateful I have the help of my daughter. Larry also perks up when his grandkids visit.
I have had them help me change sheets and do laundry. They wear gloves and are careful not to come if exposed to anyone who has been sick.
I think the serotonin syndrome began after the Sancuso patch was added to his already extensive med cocktail. Signs I should have looked for were he talked a blue streak and wanted to buy his grand kids presents. I became somewhat alarmed when I saw he spent much more than normal. Then the nights were just crazy. He was building a subway in our bedroom, he tried to leave the house and even got mad and threw a foot stool. I didn't understand what was happening but knew something was wrong. So I called the Dr's and asked for a neurologic consult. That's how they discovered the serotonin syndrome. They also did EEg and brain MRI which were clear. Even though BOT cancer rarely goes to the brain.
Larry was back to his old self in 24 hrs. Now I watch carefully via the Drugs.com warnings of drug interactions.
Larry had also gotten me POA and Living will. I never realized the difference it would make. Oh he also had a mess in our check book so had to get help with that. Don't be afraid to ask for help. I even ask his daughter in CO to do things like ask family members to send cards.

Last edited by larry6905; 01-23-2015 07:34 AM.

T4,N2,MO SCC of the BOT hpv+
Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin w/ 44 rad 73 GY Nov 2014 - Jan 2015
PEG tube feedings (Liquid Hope). Removed PEG 7/7/2015
Clear 4.9.2015 PET/CT H&N.
11mm low SUV nodule RUL on lung PET/CT
2nd PET 8.25.15 10+ numerous nodules bi later lungs
9.9.15 Lung biopsy SCC Org BOT
Avastin and Torisel clinical trial 11/15-3/16 MDA
Home 5/23/16 Pet scan 50% growth & +SUV
Opdivo 6/2016
Synthroid 100 mcr
Scan tumors shrinking