So today we received the results of the CT Scan taken last week. It seems the Cisplatin didn't even touch the cancer. The cancer Mass has spread a little bigger. The is devastating news.

The Oncologist has offered Erbitux Treatment next but we are so confused on what decision to make.
Should we just stop here and get another opinion ?

It seems the team of Oncologist that are treating my mom are not having much luck with any positive results from RAD or Cisplatin.

Why is my mothers cancer not responding to treatment?
Is it not the correct treatment for her condition ?

My poor mother is crying her eyes out tonight. I have assured her that we will not stop here. There has to be a treatment that will help her.

August 20 2014 - Ct Scan after 35 Radiation Treatments - 25mm Lobulated recurrence left mandible/floor of mouth carcinoma.

December 10 2014 - There is a regular thick rim 45x29x28mm soft tissue mass (30mm on comparison exam) at sight of left body and ramus of mandible resection into left parapharyngeal space and contrast enhancement contiguous with the internal carotid artery.

Please anyone can you give me some advice on what steps we should take next. Should we just try the Erbitux or get all the medical records together and get another opinion.

I feel we don't have much time to make this decision. We have to act fast with the best move.

Thank you Anyone for Advice
Heidi

Sweetpe
Caregiver
RE:My Mother
Age 70
Non Smoker
SCC 3/4/2014 Left rear jaw
Mandiblctmy 3/25/2014
35RAD Completed on 06/03/2014
MRI 9/3/2014
25mm lobulated recurrence left mandible/floor of mouth carcinoma
9/23/14 Salvage Surgery
MET(s)
9/23/14 Salvage Surgery Not Successful
Chemo Recommended
1st Round of Cisplatin Chemo Started 10/20/14
Cisplatin stopped 11/20/14. Side affects to bad.
Chemo started again 1/22/15 Carbo/Docetaxel
Passed Away April 22,2015