Hi there! I am new to this board; first diagnosed with carcinoma in situ in 2008, but have since had 4 surgeries to date for cancer on my tongue. They were all highly invasive cancer but no chemo & no radiation yet. Last surgery was this past April 2014; previous was July 2013, where they removed a large tumor. I haven't lost much of my tongue yet; all on the lower right side, but I am now going back on Wed to see my oncologist because I noticed the same dry/scratchy feeling & some small white spots on the LEFT side of my tongue now. I am expecting the worst: that it is now spreading, despite our attempts to 'dig it out' over the last 6 years. I am also having deep inner ear pain on my right side that no one can seem to identify; next step is an MRI next month (after my current ear infection goes away) to see what's going on in there. They said chemo & radiation would be a last resort because it's so devastating to the area, but I'm really getting tired of the surgeries frown
I am also getting sick alot becuase my immune system cannot keep up with all of this and cold germs/sinus issues. any suggestions on how to boost the immune system? I am taking probioics, green tea, zinc & vit c supplements. Thanks! Kim

Surgery #1 - 10/08 - SCC - R side tongue Stage I, age 32
Surgery #2 - 03/09 - SCC - recurring R side tongue Stage I, clean margins, age 33
BaCC - 01/12 - R side tongue - benign
Surgery #3 - 07/13 - SCC - recurring R side tongue, Stage 2 tumor removed, clean margins, age 37
Surgery #4 - 04/14 - squamous mucosa with focal moderate to severe dysplasia - recurring R side tongue, clean margins, age 38