Update on my acupuncture experience.

I found a practitioner near me, and made an appointment. I first saw Katie, and noticed some slight improvement after first session. Next two- three weeks I was booked with owner Stephanie, and after about 4 or five more appointments, I saw little improvement from that first session. When I discussed this with Stephanie, I mentioned I would give it another couple of tries, but that if it did not work, I would stop then.

At this point, Stephanie recommended continuing from here with Katie, since my first session was best and most effective. Apparently they use two different approaches to acupuncture. I have since seen Katie 3X, and have noticed a definite improvement in saliva flow. I would say if I lost 80% from my radiology, I may have regained 20-30% of that, though this varies. I notice I am breathing through my mouth awhile sleeping, and when I wake feel like "The Mummy" because I have zero flow then.

The improvement I am seeing is such that I do not constantly need a water glass handy, though I have one most of the time.

FYI, Katie uses a Traditional Chinese Medicine (or TCM) approach (that one works for me)and Stephanie uses a Five Elements approach that did not.

I plan to continue for a couple more treatments and then assess where I am with it.

Head and neck cancer,
Squamous cell carcinoma,
HPV p16, Stage 3N (6/14) Occult origin;
58 year old male 35 rads & 2.5 doses Cisplatin chemo 7/10/14> 8/25/14
1.5 years clear of cancer, at this point.

"This, too is part of Life's Rich Pageant!"