Just got back from ENT. I knew one of my nodes was up on my good side after a gum/tooth infection. I'd felt it myself two weeks ago but had pain in my gum so assumed it was that. The infection has come down and glands are still up a bit so I'm having an ultrasound. It will be in a couple of weeks and so I'm in limbo again even though she said it was probably reactive. My son was with me and he wasn't very worried about what she said but it has dampened my mood. Just yesterday I was worried about other dumb things and now I'm not sure if I'm in the clear for recurrence and have to wait for results. It's par for the course for people like us so I'm going to apply all the tricks of the trade I've learnt here to keep my mind on the straight and narrow for the next few weeks. I guess I just feel chastened, not terrified, not sad, just had my confidence knocked back.

Good news is that a scan I had a few weeks ago was clear and I've just found out that the tumour I had removed in Feb was well-differentiated. I had never been told for various reasons and remembered to ask today.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.