Ha, I came up with the thin smear of Neutrafluor toothpaste myself while waiting to see the dentist about what I think is decay under the gum, perhaps in the roots of a molar. I've been doing it for several days and now the inflammation and soreness have gone down. Sensodyne stings like mad for me but Neutrafluor is gentle on my mouth. In fact it's the first fluoride toothpaste I've been able to tolerate in ages. By googling I found that dentists can solve root decay by using a filling infused with fluoride so I figured that applying fluoride myself while waiting might frighten the bugs away for a while. No mention of fluoride trays here in NZ.

I think I'm pretty tough in some ways. I'm lucky enough to enjoy exercise so I keep fit. That fitness gives me a feeling of general wellness that helps me cope with the isolated discomfort in my mouth. Just have to keep negotiating the sharp corners on the road to recovery and/or acceptance.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.