Thanks for the responses. I had an EMG scheduled for Monday, the 6th, but cancelled it because several PT friends said there wasn't any point except for the information it would give us. As in, it would not change any treatment plans, which is simply continued PT exercise program at home.

Uptown, I would be interested in hearing about any other therapies that may be helpful. Like you, there's no quit here either.

One other question, in reading so many of the forum threads, recurrence of OC seems to happen quite often. Is that really the case or is it that once people have gotten past a certain stage in their recovery they simply drop out, leaving information skewed in that direction? If recurrence IS the case, what is the best advice you can give? I have no intention of living in a state of paranoia, but forewarned is forearmed, right? It's all a new perspective.

Paula
59yo former smoker
SCC floor of mouth and mandible
Stage 2, T2N0M0, G2
DX 09.20.13
TX: 01.21.14 Surgical removal floor of mouth, hemiglossectomy,removal teeth #21-29, alveolar ridge, midline and right marginal mandibulectomy. Temp trach. Radical Neck Dissection.
No Chem or Rad
07.18.14 No sign of disease <yay!>
09.17.14 Temporary Fixed Prosthesis (Yay, some more!>
Frustration: pain and limited movement r arm/shoulder
Joy: I am so thankful to be alive and to enjoy life.