I'm struggling with trismus too and don't have any answers. My teeth are breaking so I can't use the Popsicle method of stretching. I'm meant to do 7/7/7. That's stretching my mouth open with thumb and finger of other hand seven times for seven seconds seven times a day. I'm not doing it much because I keep on having dental problems that distract me. Excuses, excuses. I think my lackadaisical attitude is down to the trismus not worrying me much but causing concern to dentists and SLTs. If it was getting worse I think I would stretch like mad.

Did you have the three stage one cancers at the same time? You almost sound like me because I've had two different cancers and my oral cancer has manifested three times as T1N0M0. But my episodes were years apart.

My SLT says that even after corrective surgery for trismus you have to stretch, so get used to it:)

Hope you find some solutions.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.