Oh thank goodness I've been regularly checking for your response. So glad to hear about your success. Great job!

Yeah I figured they'd be similar. I didn't understand how it worked and hated the taste of Movicol. I thought I could get away with upping the dose of Coloxyl and Senna. Big mistake.

Fleet enemas! Oh what a joyful memory that was. I'm wearing an adult nappy (diaper)and waddling down to the ER toilet after the fleet enema and I just know I'm not going to make it. At least there was no spillage!

The problem with enemas is they only work on the lower part of the bowel. If the blockage is further up, all an enema does is cause cramping and grief down the bottom.

The oncology nurses told me they use my story as a case study for new patients when explaining about constipation. No matter how bad the Movicol tastes, the alternative is much worse.

Painkillers tend to make the bowel go to sleep, and you'll need to keep that Miralax going for a while to keep things moving. Now that you're on top of it you can also look at prune juice or Benefiber, but go easy. A change at the top can take a while to get to the bottom so make those changes very gradual. Don't forget to keep the fluids up.

Cheers, Dave (OzMojo)
19Feb2014 Diagnosed T2N2bM0 P16+ve SCC Tonsil.
31Mar2014 2 Cisplatin, 70gy over 7 weeks (completed 16May2014)
11August2014 PET/CT clear.
17July2019 5 years NED.