I'm just a week out from concluding my TX but I'm starting to feel more and more confident about (orally) eating and drinking rather than having to rely on my G-tube which I did for weeks and weeks. (Pain and gag reflex so bad during TX I could NOT swallow w/o issues.)

The pain seems to be subsiding very rapidly to the point where I would call my throat merely uncomfortable. I have succeeded in guzzling water and convinced myself that my gag reflex is no longer standing in my way. I have also guzzled some milkshakes and other 'experimentations'. Seems I have a range of temperatures I can manage (not too cold; but have let things sit out and then they're fine) but also 'flavors'.

I'm still in the bad mucositis phase. Strawberries seem to be acidic enough to warrant being avoided.

Was wondering if someone had a ready list of good blended fruit/veg drinks or smoothies or shakes which will be easily palatable by this condition. What fruits/juices/flavors to avoid and what are acceptable.

Also if anyone has a good recommendation for a very soluble tasteless/neutral whey or protein powder?

Thanks,

Paul

Dx at age 47 (in 2014-06), non-smoker.

2014-06 biopsy confirms SCC in BoT w/ HPV16+, Stage T4aN2M0
main tumor plus 2 nearby lymph nodes; bilateral; no metastasis?

2014-07-01 single molar (#3) extracted

2014-07-21 IMRT (35x) and Cisplatin (3x) have begun

2014-09-05 IMRT and Cisplatin finished! (only had 2x Cisplatin - weeks 1 and 4)

2014-09 to 2014-12 Recovery. I think I can...

2014-12 follow-up PET/CT scan is negative. All clear!

2016-05 all subsequent PET/CTs negative.