Update: He is now in a nursing home, got there this past Thursday 8/28. He is already asking to leave. Nothing pleases him. He is not happy at home, in the hospital, at a nursing facility. The problem with in-home care is they are only allowed a maximum of 35 hours a week. My father lives 7 hours away from me with my brother, when not in a facility. My brother works 60 hours a week. My father cannot come with me because he hates my husband and unfortunately, I am not willing to allow my children to see their father mistreated because my father wants to be an a** for no reason other than he can. I have told my father that to come live with me all he has to do is talk to my husband on the phone and be willing to treat him like a normal person since my husband will be required to help with his care. My father said he "has to think about it" and never brought it up again.

My father cannot stand on his own. He passes out when he does. He cannot walk. He is not urinating because his prostate is enlarged for some reason. He has now been throwing up constantly for the last 2 days. He is requesting to go back to the hospital when he just left there 5 days ago.

My brother and I do have medical POA. I do not know what to do though. I don't know who to call and what questions to ask. I am the one doing all the work from my home computer and through phone calls. Any help on who to call and what to ask would be a great help. I really want to know why it took them so long to start treatment and I'm not sure how to find out if my father put it off or if they were just negligent. I don't know why they haven't done a new scan to see if the cancer came back. I don't know why they sent him home with an infection, only for him to come back 18 hours later and blame it on him and my brother. I just don't know what to ask. So, a list would be wonderful. I am so grateful to have found this site because you all have been so helpful during this time of need.

daughter of George:
stage IV squamous cell
diagnosed 12/18/13
double bypass 4/25/14
mandiblectomy 6/13/14
released from hospital 6/25/14 to return 6/27/14
radiation to start 8/25/14; only had one treatment
currently in a nursing home
Passed away Dec 25, 2014