Is there anyone out there who can speak to this subject? I have been fighting an abscess infection for over a month now. 3CT scans and drainage surgery, multiple antibiotics--all of which I have taken previously and tried to urge dr to be more aggressive, now find out there are more than one cavity, joined. Sent home from hospital on same antibiotics, irritating myself. In thru drainage site on neck thru to tongue and other areas of mouth. Today swelling and fluid pockets expanded to under drainage area and pushing on throat more. Seeing surgeon Wednesday early. Calling tomorrow to make aware of development and let them know I want to know why no one picked this up on scans or from symptoms. I also expect results this week. Whether that means surgery doesn't matter to me. I have been in a lot of pain for over a month, meds don't touch it. School started and I told dr how important it is that I return to work (work in elementary school) because we have had no financial help and are tapped out. I feel like my medical issues are just not that urgent to drs. I am being treated at a very high profile hospital and both my family and I cannot believe that this is happening. I would really like to hear from someone who has had a similar problem and how it was resolved, and how long it took for resolution. Thank you for any input, advice, and information on this topic.

1/14 White spot on tongue
Stage 2, SCC
Surgery 3/7/14 & 3/31/14
Hemiglossectomy with Neck Dissection
Right Lateral Tongue, flap from wrist, thigh graph
Trach and dophoff for several weeks
1st PET scan 7/16/14--results, disease not entirely excluded,
direct visualization recommended and done.
Scheduled MRI for 6 wk follow-up