Hi everyone, I am new here but I have been reading for sometime now. I am about 4 1/2 weeks out of 30 days of radiation. I had surgery in april, 1/2 my tongue removed. Replaced with flap. I also had 2 chemo treatments, cisplatin. It has and is a rough treatment. I held my weight through most of this, but last week was bad. I was on a 50 fentynal patch, 5mg oxycoden liquid, and ativan .5.. Well last monday I threw it all in the garbage. I was just sick of being in a fog, a daze. Plus I felt I was becoming addicted to it. Well, I never knew about the withdrawal. Monday night was bad. Vomitting, dizzy, insomnia, cold, hot,no enery etc..... I thought I was dying. I called doctor, said ride it out. This was Tuesday. Thursday, I called him again, into hospital I went. They gave me fluids, checked all vitals. Did blood and urine test. All was fine, dr said I was suffering some withdrawal.. My issue now is the weight I lost. I bet I lost 15 lbs in a week. Today, sunday is 6 days without the drugs. I have been able to eat and put the boost in my peg tube. I just hope the weight comes back... My last appointment with my RO, he said I looked great, do not use peg tube, everything in mouth, he wants peg out in 2 weeks.. I was sooo happy. I see him sept. 2nd, and now I am affraid he will say nope... Has this happened to anyone here? Today, I am 90 percent using mouth for food and the advil I take now. I use peg for a few cans of boost. Does the weight come back? Just last weekend I was driving, took kids school shopping, etc.. Did I mess it up by going b cold turkey? Thank you

ps..this web site is great. I know we are all in a fight, but this web site feels like a big family.

Tongue Cancer
1/2 tongue removed, replaced by flap from forearm. April 15, 2014
neck disection, 1 lympnode involved, doctors removed all to make sure cancer is gone.
30 rad treatments and 2 cisplatin chemo, doctor said I did not need the third
one. Finished up July 30,2014
Chemo treatment was my choice. The board felt surgery and radiation was plenty to take care of my cancer.