Hi Dave. Glad you are getting better physically, understand completely that the mental/emotional side is just as hard. Funnily enough a member of the support group I attended at Auckland Hospital said that Australia deals better with that side of things than we do here in NZ. He thought that everyone who suffers from these big treatments should be given emotional support via drugs and/or counselling right from the start.

I take two Citalopram (like Prozac - doesn't cause sleepiness) in the mornings and one Zopiclone at night. I manage about 6 - 8 hours sleep on that. I do know that one of your drugs can cause drowsiness while the other is like Citalopram, a Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitor (phew!). The latter are "cleaner" drugs I think in that they cause fewer side-effects.

I'm about 9 weeks out and thought I had my energy back until I caught a heavy cold which really set me back. I felt quite fatigued with it which shows that I'm not out of the woods yet and confirms that we are still in the early stages of recovery even though things seem pretty good on the surface:)

I wish you well for your appointment with the psychiatrist. It really helps when someone knowledgeable can tease out the tangled knot of emotions that accompany cancer diagnoses and treatment.

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.