Dee,
I'm not on the Forum that often anymore, I am also the caregiver of my Mom, (86 yrs. old this Sept.) She had surgery for tongue cancer in May of 04 with lymph nodes removed in her neck. She bounced back rather quickly for her age but this past May was found to have pre-cancerous growths again which should be removed, but due to another health issue of which we were unaware until May, she has decided to forgo the 2nd surgery. We just keep a watchful eye on her oral lesions by visiting our ENT every 3 mos. It is a very hard thing watching someone you love so much suffer. I now feel that I am the Mother and my Mom is the child. Her other neurological condition has caused a sharp decline in her awareness and it's like watching her disappear right in front of my eyes. I can completely feel the stress and anxiety you are going thru. This dreadful disease is so very hard on those suffering with it, but those caring for the person with the disease go thru their own hell. We now take life one day at a time and try to make the best of each moment we have left. My Mom always told me that God never gives us more than we can handle, but sometimes I wonder. I pray for strength every day for my Mom and myself and will add you to my prayers. You sound like a wonderful daughter and your Mom is very luckly to have you as her friend. God Bless You Both.

Margie