Hello. My name is John. As my signature says I had a small portion of the right side of my tongue removed after they found a dime sized tumor that I thought was a canker sore and caused me immense pain.
That was 2 years ago.
Now I have dry mouth after radiation and it feels like the side of my tongue that didn't have cancer is always tender, can't stand most tooth pastes and it gets stuck to the side of my teeth while sleeping.
Well I bit it or something a few weeks ago and it healed but today I woke up and looked at my tongue, the side that didn't have cancer where I had bit it or cut it had what almost looked like a white scab. I peeled it off but now my brain is like "you have cancer again you have cancer again".
Have any of you expierenced this? I'm going to see my ent and onc soon but in the mean time I was wondering if the other side of your tongue getting hurt by the dry mouth is normal since the other side of my tongue can't touch my teeth and if anyone has had similar expierences. I'm kinda freaking out.

Large sore on right side tongue. Had for 3 mos. biopsied came back stage 2 well differentiated tongue cancer. Partial tongue removal and neck disect. On feb142012. Rads for 6weeks finished in June. Couldn't speak or eat for 5 months. Clear pet scan dec 2012. Former smoker hpv- 27male. Recent ENT visit said "as far as I can tell you're cured" 💗