Its just crazy to get treated by a physician who isnt familiar with the disease. Oral cancer has a very high mortality rate. Almost 50% of all patients diagnosed will still be alive 5 years later. This alone is reason not to fool around with an inexperienced doctor and head for the big guys... a CCC. I dont know how you can convince the government into believing its critical that your husband gets properly treated other than quoting them alot of facts and figures. Its has been scientifically proven that patients treated at CCC's have better prognosis and overall do much better. Thats not to say other facilities dont do a good job but a CCC really is preferable if that is an option for you.

Good luck!!!

PS... Send me a PM if there is anything else I can help you with on this. I can lead you to many studies that you can pass along to whoever is the one making this decision. I know I sure wouldnt be very happy if someone who has no info at all about OC was the one who was going to decide where I was treated.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy
3wks medicly inducd coma