Thank you Christine, I am very glad to have found this forum. My husband has been treated at the University of Minnesota which was #37 on the list of Best Hospitals.

After each diagnosis he has been given, we have gone to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, a CCC, for a second opinion. Both times they have told us they would perform the same treatment as the University of Minnesota. My husband is getting very discouraged at this point, and seems to feel it will be a waste of time to get a second opinion when the Mayo Clinic both times has just recommended the same thing as the University of Minnesota.

Christine, tonight I read a post that mentioned, if I understood correctly, that surgery and/or radiation, is the best way to kill the cancer and chemo may also be included. I am so confused and wondering why no radiation or chemo was given after his first surgery, the bilateral neck dissection. At the time, I thought this was a blessing and didn't even question it. Now after reading these forums, I am thinking he should have at least had radiation. I am so confused and frightened. Thank you for letting me vent.

Monica