Mark,
He has B Cross/ B Sheild PPO through his union, a local IBEW plan where he lives in Fla. He is seeing Dr.s in NY as that is where we grew up and have a summer home. He is a full time Fla resident now.
Are there others things I need to know about residency and out of state visit for treatment. I believe there is a gatekeeper system with this plan and the Dr already referred him to the JP Wilmont center at the U of Rochester. Anyone with BC/BS please?? Once he is out of state for treatment, he will not be going back to Fla to work, but IBEW is national so he could report to the local hall. I also understand that you need x amount of hours per quarter working to keep insurance. Anyone/ Does this simply stop when the minimums are not met. I do not have a copy of the collective bargaining agreement.
He is busy working in order to keep up his hours to enable his insurance to be current. Don't know the program but it require authorization for all in hospital services and items over $500.
How are things like imaging handled? I realize most are done by outside profit centers not connected to the hospital itself, but as a susidiary of, and are billed separately.
Another question I keep coming back to is how long is too long in finding a team?? Dx was 6-09 and I think I can get him in to Roswell early August. Are there consequences for a couple week delay? and is the possible higher expertize worth the wait? What are the trade offs in timing??
Mark