Now 22 days after end of rads and feeling a little low for no apparent reason. Saw RO yesterday. She's not a communicative doctor, just a registrar actually, very business like, so I didn't feel moved to ask her any questions. How dumb is that? All she said was that my weight is stable (I weigh a lot more in hospital with my shoes and winter clothes on!) and that I still have Grade 1 mucositis. Wish she'd said it in an encouraging way. Once again, what a baby I am! Where this low mood comes from I don't really know except that I'm very weary all of the sudden and finding it hard to recover from sleepless night of a couple of evenings ago. I also feel what I call "side-effecty" with a very swollen feeling in my mouth such as I had during treatment. I actually feel worse than I did a week ago. Could possibly be having some Oxycodone withdrawal I suppose. Maybe I'll take one tonight:)

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.