I know I am fortunate not to have a PEG, but eating is such a dreadful task & so frequent that I am not sure I can keep this up. It has only been a year & it is all I can do to get up in the morning & force feed myself. I am jealous of everyone I see, but at the same time I hope they never have to know what this is like. When my friends see me eating, they congratulate me on how everything is back to normal. The right side of my tongue (flap) is so much thicker than the left & the ridge dividing them makes it so hard to talk without sounding like a blithering idiot. I used to sing solos in church, but now I sound like a bleating sheep. It gets so depressing, but I know somehow I will get thru this in time. I have my hopes pinned on a clinical trial at NIH in Bethesda, MD which will start phase II in November. If it gets approved it may help us get some saliva function beck. I know it is only a chance & don't want to set myself up for a let down. Sorry for the pity party, but I don't really have anyone to talk to who understands.

58 yr old male, SCC left side of tongue 2/13, partial glossectomy, flap, 30 IMRT, 6 Chemo. Recurrence 10/13, lymph node removal, Brachy therapy 100, pec flap.