1st, Linda is improving slowly but surely. Still having low magnesium counts and needs infusion every Monday but otherwise, all docs are pleased with her progress.
So, on Thursday I found out, on facebook of all things, that my 37 year old niece has been diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic melanoma. She is married to a soldier stationed at Ft. Hood who has been to Afghanistan at least twice and they have 2 children. Expecting more details but this looks very bad.
Meanwhile, Linda is bugging me to call my sister or Mom or someone to learn more, but I just haven't been able to do it.I'm not being petty and not calling because no one has called me, (at least I don't think so) I'm just really not ready to face this just when Linda is getting back to health after the year long battle for her life.
And, there is still just too much on our table. We are trying to file for chapter 7 bankrupsy but the lawyer wants $1800.00. If I had that money, I wouldn't need him. We're too broke to go broke. Also, Linda's son, Michael's, behavior continues to spiral out of control and I just can't take much more from him. Now there's this, which may just break the camel's back. I know I have to talk to my family, and soon, but it's just so hard to do and I'm at a loss for words. And now I'm at a loss for further words here. Please, I know we've been bending God's ear an awful lot lately but please keep Karen and her family in mind and heart.

David R. 65 yr old male non-smoker, light drinker, stage 3 or 4, depending on which doc you ask, scc rt. tonsil, 2 nodes, 7 weeks radiation and chemo. No surgery. Teatment ended 3/20/08. PET scan 8/08 showed no cancer.
And now, as of oct, 2010, caregiver to wife, Linda, with breast cancer.
May, 2013, Linda diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Enuf already.