Hi. I am starting RT on 8 April (has to be confirmed but I'm pretty sure). I have a couple of weeks to prepare so I'm doing my research now. First of all, I've heard people refer to Christine's milkshake. I'm intrigued and would love the recipe. Even now with my altered mouth after two surgeries in the last 4/5 weeks, I'm struggling to keep my weight up on a smooth puree diet. I'm enjoying my Fortisip (like Ensure) milkshakes with fruit added but I'm freaking out about my teeth. The advice is keep away from sugar but the sweet, milky foods and drinks are my mainstay. I've searched the topic on here but can't find what I'm looking for:)
Maureen

1996, ovarian cancer surgery + cisplatin and taxol.
September, 2007, SCC of left lateral tongue. Excision.
October, 2009 recurrence in scar tissue, T1NOMO. Free flap surgery from left wrist - neck dissection. 63 year old New Zealander. No chemo, no RT.
February, 2014. New primary in left buccal mucosa. Marginal mandibulectomy, neck dissection, right arm free forearm flap. T1N0M0 but third occurrence and some areas of concern: RT started 8 April and finished 19 May.