Hi. I don't post on here very often but I check in here almost daily since John was diagnosed 5 years ago. I can't believe that 5 years ago this month we started on this journey. Life is better than ever and John and I both feel so blessed to be living each day to the fullest. We watched our baby girl get married 9-14-12 to her high school sweetheart and boyfriend of 12 years and our son will be getting married 9-12-14 to an amazing girl. John's cancer diagnosis brought us closer together as a couple and for that I am so grateful.

John tends to keep things to himself and not tell me about "issues" until he thinks there is something to "bother" me with. This has always been a problem between us but I do know why he does it. John went to the family doctor last week without telling me because he has been having unusual chest pain. The doctor did an EKG which was normal and checked him out. His BP was normal. He gave John a script for blood work and a chest x-ray. He told John if things didn't resolve to get the chest x-ray done. This has been going on for the past month so John is going tomorrow to get the x-ray.

The doctor also told John not to be too concerned because the type of cancer John had if it comes back goes to the original site and not the lungs. (me rolling my eyes)

I don't know a lot about recurrence when patients are this far out of treatments but I assume it can go to the lungs?

John hasn't had a CT or PET Scan since June, 2011. Praying this is nothing and will keep you updated. Thanks for listening.

Wanda (47) caregiver to husband John (56) age at diag.(2009)
1-13-09 diagnosed Stage IV BOT SCC (HPV+)
2-12-09 PEG placed, 7-6-09 removed
Cisplatin 7 weeks, 7 weeks (35) IMRT
4-15-09 - treatment completed
8-09,12-09-CT Scans clear, 4-10,6-11-PET Scans clear
4-2013 - HBO (30 dives) tooth extraction
10-2019 - tooth extraction, HBO (10 dives)
11-2019 - Left lateral tongue SCC - Stage 2