Hello as some of you know I am new so please forgive me if this post gets to the wrong area.

I really should be resting as I am going into the high school tomorrow to work around those wonderful kids who I like so much their spunk and have decided to NOT share with work or coworkers/ boss yet as I dont even know my course of action will be and what to say or how it will affect my job responsibilities but this seems to be the be forum to express and share my concerns and I appreciate that so much as the shadows of the night come about and I am meeting with the oncologist tomorrow to review the results of my pet scan and had a unprofessional exp. with a radiation office today so am going to seek another as in this process Id rather be around good vibes then not and it's my choice huh? I cant stand stupid admins lol ( yes I maybe extra sensitive these days too) However, after reading some other posts here and digesting my stage 3 lymph node neck mass, I am a bit freaked tonight and have an appt at the Mayo next Tuesday to have them make additional recommendations and studies as the the docs are recommending chemo-radiation and I have been sober for almost 30 years and have a huge reluctance to having those drugs in my body. My first thought is take it out with surgery and then if that does not work try chemo radiation so what I really need to hear from those of you with experience is do you think a week and half at this stage in the game will hurt me? Seems like I cant put this off or ignore it huh not even by a month? Wish I could that would make the reality of it all go away. I know, it is NOT going away. I am stubborn by nature and tend to minimize things and am not afraid to die but have some dreams that still need to come true and now I like ALL of you with this cancer have a common bond and WOW what a curve ball utterly amazing still wishing I could have changed this fate of my affairs but also am a compassionate person so maybe my higher power has placed me on this earth to share the exp. I also dont and wont have a caregiver except my 15 yr old son who is an above average student and playing basketball and in band playing the Clarinet and the last thing I dont want to do is burden him with this and the biggest downfall for me will be sharing this with my ex only for my sons well being as I dont endorse secrets nor want my son to keep it from his Dad so if any other single parent has experienced that too I would love to get your feedback on what worked for you or if anything just to know I am not alone...

Good night all

Hello, I was diagnosed on 12/21/13 - still wanting to deny that I have it shaming myself for being a sexual human being now...wish I could have done something to prevent it but am feeling passionate about the HPV vaccine as just last fall my 15 year old got his doses where were ours?
Afraid to kiss my cat even / share a glass beverage with my son ( germs ) not sure what to do... but have seen the docs and making determinations on best course of treatment action for me.

Glad you are all here!