Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and a 30 year old daughter of an oral cancer patient as well as one of his caregivers. Here is the particulars for my dad's cancer and him:

63 years, non-smoker, non-drinker, health conscious, went to the gym, no health problems of any kind before oral cancer

Cancer was first diagnosed in May of 2013 because he bit his tongue and it would not heal. It was stage 3/4 SCC on the right side of the tongue with lymph node involvement on the right side. HPV-

Treatment was 7 weeks of radiation and 3 doses of cisplatin
Finished treatment in August of 2013, was in remission for a few months but than started getting same symptoms and severe pain in ear and tongue once more. Just found out a few days ago the cancer is back. Not sure how far along it is this time. He is unable to talk, take anything by mouth, using Gtube for feedings and meds, and is taking lots of pain meds right now to control pain.

He is too weak at only 106 pounds to do chemo and radiation again.

My question is, is there any hope of survivable for someone who cannot undergo chemo and radiation. Perhaps with surgery and has anyone else had this experience.

Caregiver to dad, 63, non-smoker, non-drinker, health conscius and active with no health problems of any kind before OC
Diagnosed with stage 3/4SCC in May 2013 after biting tongue and not healing on right side of tongue with lymph node involvement HPV-

Treatment was 7 weeks of radiation and 3 rounds of Cisplatin
In remission for a few months

Cancer has returned and can't do radiation and chemo because too weak at 106 pounds