I don't know about all of you, but OC has further disrupted my already unusual sleep pattern. Before OC, I used to wake up once or twice a night, go potty and go back to sleep. But now, I don't go back to sleep. I'm up for a couple of hours. No, I'm not laying there obsessing about the C, I just can't go back to sleep. No position is comfortable; fluffing the pillow doesn't help, the pajamas or covers are a little too hot, or a little too cold. So I get up.

I probably shouldn't do it, but I often get on the forum. I need something to do as I drink my cup of hot chocolate.

Surprisingly, many of our new members make their first forum post in the wee hours of the morning. I guess they have just been diagnosed, and scared/worried to death sleep for them is just not happening. So, they make their way to the forum and ask for help. Several times I've logged in to find a new member, 0 responses, 0 views just made their first plead for help. A quick look over to the Who's Online section and maybe they are still online. So, I need to send them something fast. Sometimes I reach them before they sign off. If they read my response before signing off, that's another victory for the OCF... helped another one so to speak.

Tonight I sign in and notice no other members are online. I make one reply (a PM actually) and now 5 members are online. Only 1 of them looks to be a new member. Come on fella, introduce yourself, ask for help so we can help you.

Have you ever looked at the list of forum members and how many posts each has made. What is amazing is that we have several hundred people who joined the forum, but never made even that first post. Several hundred lost souls is how I think of them. I hope they can get their courage up enough to ask for help.

We can all use more family members.

The hot chocolate is gone, the new member didn't post his first message, I'm sleepy ... good night.

Last edited by n74tg; 11-17-2013 02:58 AM.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good