A little update on friend:

They went to MD Anderson for diagnosis, found 3 primaries in his brain. He's too weak for simultaneous chemo and rads, so it's rads only, chemo later depending on how he tolerates.

He's pretty devastated besides being very weak and having loss of motor control. All he wants to do is sleep, which I expect is just an escape. His wife is similarly devastated. She's trying to show strength, but it's taking it's toll, especially since she lost both her parents in last 5 years.

Fortunately he has a veterinarian brother who has taken on role of advocate. He's the one researching everything and educating the whole family as no one else is in the right frame of mind to do so. He goes with him to all appointments and treatments.

The patient is my son's father-in-law. Needless to say, with me having OC at same time, both son and daughter in law are pretty worried about their dads. It's made my son take a much more active role in keeping up with my treatment and how I'm doing.

Thank you guys for being the wonderful OCF support group that you are. I would be lost without you.

Tony

Last edited by n74tg; 11-06-2013 05:24 AM.

Tony, 69, non-smoker, aerobatics pilot, bridge player/teacher, avid dancer (ballroom, latin, swing, country)

09/13 SCC, HPV 16, tonsillectomy, T2N0.
11/13 start rads, no chemo
12/13 taste gone, dry mouth,
02/14 hair slowly returning
05/14 taste the same, dry sinuses, irrigation helps.
01/15 food taste about 60% returned, dry sinuses are worse in winter.
12/20 no more sinus problems, taste pretty good