Heh, Don, I think you hit the nail straight on the head! You could be a great psychologist!

I do tend to over think and over worry about everything, no matter how minor; so you can only imagine how much I am over thinking in this situation. I was told this by many different people, in many different situations. It even includes my own boss who thinks I think waay too much (and we are both nerdy scientists who are supposed to think a lot). :-)

I guess it is just way of trying to take some control of things I realistically can not control at all. For some reason trying to come up with the best, most researched dental hygiene plan ( or even skin one,but I spared the forum those questions) makes me feel like I can control something.

Thank yuo for your honesty, much appreciated!

36, female, left tonsil HPV+ SCC, T2N1
8/28/13 SCC in left tonsil
9/12/13 surgery:TORS and selective neck dissection (levels II-IV), 23 nodes removed
9/18/13 post surgery biopsy: 2mm clear margins, a 7mm lymph node positive in level IV, no ECL
10/28/13 rad begins, 30 treatments, tomotherapy
12/09/13 radiation ends!
2/10/14 papillary thyroid cancer
2/26/14 PET shows clear neck other than thyroid cancer, but with high uptake in an ovarian cyst
2/27/14 thyroidectomy
3/5/14 pelvic ultrasound