Hello twc, there will be all sorts of days, days that you take care of so many appointments and answer so many questions that you will completely loose track of time and days that all you can do is be a kind ear and shoulder.

When I found out about my husband's cancer the first promise we made to each other was to say everything that passed through our mind no matter how bad it sounded. At fist I slept very lightly because I wanted to be there when he woke through the night. Communication is key to making sure nothing is overlooked every day of your mom's life. The more informed you become, the more confident and strong you can be for your mom and sometimes just knowing you are there is all that really matters. Sometimes we cry, but a lot of times its because we love each other so much. Waiting and all the unknown is the hardest and feeling love and acceptance through it all is a truly human experience.

You are in my thoughts, Sophie

husband 61@diagnosis painter
6/9/13 Exophylic invasive SCC IV(ext.gingivobuccal) 3cm+ mandibular/lytic/erosion, jugular/node9mmshort-axis
17/9/13 Dx(moderately aggressive)
24/10/13 left madiblectomy, mod radical neck disct, leg flap, NGtube
2/01/14 (30 tx)rads 60gy
N2b (2nodes under jaw) (rem. in tiny nerves) (rem. 30 nodes)
Clear margin, close 2mm inner cheek
15/05/14 cellulitis
3/12/14 Chest CT Clear
27/02/15 cellulitis
8/6/15 cellulitis
10/6/15 Osteomyelitis