1) Laughter Therapy is supposed to be very beneficial. One of the hospital waiting rooms where my son had to go for appointments had a little sign on the receptionist's desk that said "Laughter Therapy Group" but when I suggested to Paul that it might help if we both went, he said No, he didn't feel like laughing. Each time we got there, and I saw the sign I kept asking him to go and he said, No, you go if you want to. After several several appointments when Paul continued to refuse, I decided I would go and I boldly walked up to the receptionist and said, I would like to join the laughter therapy group. She informed me they had cancelled it. I was crushed. And I guessed nobody felt like laughing. What a bummer. But later, it seemed ironically funny.

2) I was trying to find something funny I had read about Rad Tx in Cure magazine. I didn't find it, but I did find this which my notes tell me was submitted by Brian, our Founder:

<<Last night, my wife and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine, and fluids from a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug." She got up, unplugged the TV and threw out my beer......>>

3) In my previous post above, the second to the last item, just above "Fake it". . . should have read:
"-Check with OCF for suggestions and hope". Don't know how that happened. I suppose I cannot blame it on predictive text.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)