After 3 1/2 days i9n the rehab facility Linda had to be taken to the er. Her blood pressure was 50/38, possibly because they increased the dosage on opiates to keep her quiet, (one nurse had complained that Linda kept pushing the call button every few minutes and the nurses couldn't get "their" work done. Turns out there was good reason for Linda's actions)She was extremely dehydrated, kidneys were beginning to fail and had a urinary tract infection. By this time, she was totally disoriented, bordering on delirious. She was admitted to the hospital and went back to ICU. She was anemic and needed 2 units of blood. I can not imagine how all this could happen in a medical facility where their are people who are supposed to keep an eye on such things. I went to get her belongings from rehab, which were not packed up as the nurse who had called me said they were, so I tossed everything into a bag and prepared to storm out of there. In the hall I encountered one of the nurses who had complained about how much of "His" time Linda was taking up. As I walked pass he said "Have a good day". Now folks, those who know me consi9der me to be a laid back, easy going kind of guy and mostly that's true BUT, there are lines you shouldn't cross and damn near killing my wife is a biggie. I stopped and said "I don't know if you people have ever had to deal with a pissed off Marine before but you have one now." He made the error of asking what I was mad about and I unloaded on him. They have not seen the last of me.

David R. 65 yr old male non-smoker, light drinker, stage 3 or 4, depending on which doc you ask, scc rt. tonsil, 2 nodes, 7 weeks radiation and chemo. No surgery. Teatment ended 3/20/08. PET scan 8/08 showed no cancer.
And now, as of oct, 2010, caregiver to wife, Linda, with breast cancer.
May, 2013, Linda diagnosed with stage 3 ovarian cancer. Enuf already.