Im not familiar with over the counter pain meds as being effective for this type of pain. Mouth pain can be the worst!!! Im surprised you arent on something stronger.

There is a medication more commonly used for seizures. It comes in liquid form too which makes things much easier for feeding tube users. Off the top of my head Im sorry but I cant remember the name of the medication other than gabadine which is close but not correct, it has 2 names one is the generic form. This medicine will help with nerve pain. Hopefully another member has a better memory than me and will recognize the medication Im talking about.

Hasnt your doc tried you on strong antibiotics along with the HBO? It may need something like that to get it work. Ive gone thru this and I know how awful it can be. The pain can be excruciating! What future plans do you have to fix this problem? Im hoping you arent going to watch and wait on this. It doesnt sound like it will ever be better so you may be facing a mandibulectomy to remove the bad pieces. This doesnt have to be a huge surgery, t depends on how big of an area is affected. Ive had just a couple shards of jawbone removed which wasnt a big deal. Sometimes the doc can graph other tissue over the area. Please seek out a second or even third opinion on this before you make a commitment. But please have it taken care of as it will only get worse and more painful.

Good luck!!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy