Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Catherine, my husband, Tim was, until March of this year, a long term survivor of throat cancer (on the tonsil). Back in 1999, Tim underwent a grueling 14 week protocol of chemo and radiation. All was clear for such a long time, then, the thing we all dread happened, the cancer came back. This time he underwent a radical neck dissection and reconstructive surgery. The surgeon was confident the surgery was successful, all margins were clear. He has a PEG tube and is really working to get the swallowing back. I guess my biggest concern is what's next? Tim is not a candidate for further radiation, we have seen 3 RO who all reached the same conclusion. Therefore, we are in a wait and see mode. Anyhow, I just thought it would be a good idea to join this group and see what other folks are doing in this situation, as well as with swallowing issues. Thanks all and Hello!

Catherine, wife and best friend of Tim, who is a 13 year survivor of cancer on tonsil. Went through a tx of radiation and chemo. Recurrence in March 2013. Underwent a radical neck dissection and reconstructive surgery. Currently in a "wait and see" mode.