Dear Pamela,I went through the same roller-coaster ride. It's been exactly six months since the end of my husband's Tx and while I have seen tremendous improvement in his mood and energy level, we have had to deal with other health issues which are either the side effects of the Tx (low thyroid level, swallowing difficulties) or recurrence of conditions which were under control before but have now returned probably because of his low resistance (pericarditis)after Tx, or newly discovered conditions (gallstones and sleep apnea). There are days when it's been hard to cope, but I have to say that our nurse/case manager has been very supportive even though I keep bugging her.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.