Hi all

I came across this forum and it looked really helpful so I thought I would join and ask for some help.

Basically, I have had this spot like ulcer at the back of my mouth that seems to completely go away and then return a week later in exactly the same place.

This has been going on for around 6 weeks. I went to my GP but when I visited him it was at the stage where the spot was not there and therefore it was a bit of a waste of time as he could not see anything. The spot only appears for around 24 hours and then completely goes away without even leaving a mark.

I think I have noticed that it appears after I eat rich meals and drink alcohol but I cannot be 100% sure.

It's probably also worth noting that the spot can be scrapped of with my fingernail (apologies for the graphic detail). Also, it seems to come back in slightly varying sizes. One time it came back very faintly as though the spot was going to come back but it did not.

I am really worried it is something sinister. Although, I am hoping the fact that it totally goes away without a trace for long periods is a good sign as opposed to being ever present.

Has anyone heard of any similar cases, and what it might be?

Thank you so much for any help in advance.