Colleen,

I know the look. I've given that look and I'm good at it ~lol~
I wish I had an answer for you. I feel a patient needs to educate themselves and learn as much as they can from forums like this. There's a lot of great information and support from folks that have lived through it. I know I wouldn't have made it through without it. However, regardless of how much I read and learned, it didn't truly prepare me for what I went through and will go through in the future. It's like seeing a picture of the Grand Canyon and actually standing on the edge.

To a degree I understand why some patients wouldn't join a forum like this but it's a disadvantage to them and their caregiver. The way to beat the beast is to know the beast.

It sounds like the walls are already up with your husband and just about everything you say will be countered and rejected. If you say white, he's going to say black just because he can.

Does he like to read? Maybe you can print the post. Compile some of the great info and suggestions in a MS Word doc and just leave it out for him to read at his leisure.

I'm fortunate that my partner and caregiver has many interests. She does craft work and paints (she's an artist) so she finds things to occupy herself with and has given me lots of space since we've been home. That's exactly what I need at this point. She'll come to me every few hours and ask if I need a can of food and takes care of prepping everything as well as helping me getting set up. After I'm done, she helps get everything put away and goes back to her crafts.

I know you just trying to make things easier but know that anything your husband can do for himself helps empower him and makes him feel better.

Thanks for the kind words about the post. There's a bit more to it. I should put it together/revise so it's readable in a general sense for all. I wonder if the admins here would want to post a read only version on the caregiver page?

"T"

Cardiac bypass 11/07
Cardiac stents 10/2012
Dx'd 11/30/2012 Tx N2b MO Stage IV HPV+
Palatine Tonsillectomy/Biopsies 12-21-12
Selective Neck Dissection/Lingual Tonsillectomy/biopsies TORS 2/7/13
Emergency Surgery/Bleeding 2/18/13
3/13/2013 30rads/6chemo
Finished Tx 4/24/13
NED Since