I was on Fox 13, Good Morning Tampa Bay yesterday. Each year they put me on to promo my Oral Cancer Screening which is tomorrow. Their medical expert, Dr Jo who was part of our segment and I discussed this topic before the show and I explained that aside from the obvious benefits that can come from a front line dentist checking for abnormalities in your mouth for FREE, that most of the people we see at the FREE screenings haven't been to a dentist in FOREVER, so many times the dentist will point out "normal" problems and encourage them to start going to their dentist on a regular basis.

I also told her that at our FREE screenings we average appx 200 people and appx 10 -15 each year are referred on to an ENT potentially saving their lives.

She must have been swayed because she didn't bring the topic up during our segment.

BTW this year I am calling my event FREE CANCER SCREENINGS because I have added Moffitt's Mole Patrol (a 40' skin cancer screening bus complete with 8 doctors and staff) and Prostrate screening via a blood draw. Pepsi has agreed to give out free sodas and hot dogs and Walgreens, in addition to giving up 1/2 of their entire parking lot, will have a tent giving out a "gift bag" to all. I also added the Blood Mobile at the last minute so people can do their part to help Boston and West, Tx.

David

Age 58 at Dx, HPV16+ SCC, Stage IV BOT+2 nodes, non smoker, casual drinker, exercise nut, Cisplatin x 3 & concurrent IMRT x 35,(70 Gy), no surgery, no Peg, Tx at Moffitt over Aug 06. Jun 07, back to riding my bike 100 miles a wk. Now doing 12 Spin classes and 60 outdoor miles per wk. Nov 13 completed Hilly Century ride for Cancer, 104 miles, 1st Place in my age group. Apr 2014 & 15, Spun for 9 straight hrs to raise $$ for YMCA's Livestrong Program. Certified Spin Instructor Jun 2014.