Would you believe, I had my teeth filed down before my 2nd surgery. The primary tooth in question that gets caught on the graft, I asked to have pulled as I knew it would be an issue and the dentists at the Foothills Hospital didn't think it was a good idea.

Incidently, I tried about 15 years ago to have the same tooth pulled as it always rubbed up against my tongue and is a huge nuisance, my dentist was in agreement but I was refered to an Orthodontist who recommended braces and jaw surgery instead. f*** that!! Couldnt afford braces and my dentist opted to confer with the Orthodontist....so instead I got cancer. Gee Thanks for listening Dentists. :P

Still would like to hear from people who have had their skin grafts revised or trimmed. My graft was large and never shrunk much according to my surgeon. Its been a year since my 2nd surgery when I got the graft. And a year and a half since my first laser surgery that removed the superficial cancer.

What was the recovery like? How much time off work was needed? What should I expect? My surgeon is not informative with details so I need to find out here.

Anybody?? Bueller, Bueller Bueller? lol

Tracy Dx @ age 47
Single No dependants
NS/Social ETOH
Clinical Study (early detection)
Dx July/09 Mod. Dysplasia (lichen planus)
Dx Sept/11 TisN0M0 SSC Lt Tongue
Sx Oct/11 CO2 Laser Glossectomy
Sx Mar/12 Release of tongue anchoring (Skin graft)
Lingual Nerve Damage