Three years ago this CTC was discussed on the forum
CTC 09
As Leslie's article points out, CTC plays fast and loose with its survival rates. Worse, in my mind, is that the CTC offer real TX like radiation, chemo, and surgery but push very expensive non insurance covered quack remedies like naturopathy
Highly questionable places,
Finally, as someone who just qualified for Medicare 6 months ago, I do not like their policy of screening out Medicare patients. My CCC treated me exactly the same both before and after Medicare for all my treatments and hospitizations.
Reuters exposed this nasty information last month that Leslie has kindly posted above under the "investigation" link.

So basically, their survival numbers are bogus. As Mark Twain used to say: Figures lie and liars figure. Here is how CTC runs their little deception, again from Leslie's article

[quote]In the database CTCA compares itself to, called SEER and run by the National Cancer Institute, 53 percent of patients were diagnosed at the Medicare-eligible age of 65 or older, and 14 percent are below the poverty level, an indication of those covered by Medicaid or uninsured.[/quote]
Charm

Last edited by Charm2017; 04-06-2013 04:00 AM. Reason: url glitch

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13