Hi Shelydiane - I have to agree with Susan about not pushing too hard to get your husband to come on this forum. When my son was diagnosed, he only came here for a very short time. He said it depressed him to see what others were going thru, but what I did was print out all the good ideas I found here (and there are lots!) and just leave the info by his bed so he could look at them when he woke up or whenever he felt like it - when I wasn't around. Whenever something came up that I thought could be helpful (and leaving out the depressing stuff) I would print it out for him. That way, it was some other objective person(s) offering suggestions and not his mother (me) telling him what to do. THis way he could make up his own mind about what he wanted to do and keep some measure of control in his life. Your husband's life is soooo important and worth a second opinion which could bring some encouraging results and relieve a lot of stress for both of you! I'm a former Chicagoan and there are some really good hospitals there. Hope everything goes well for both of you!

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)