Thanks for the update, Gina. I'll try to answer some of your questions, as best I can.

1. Yes. I have swelling in the neck morning, and even more depending what I eat, the next morning, but mine may be different than yours with the prior treatments, surgeries. Lying flat may effect it more, so try lying on an incline to assist drainage. As far as the salivary gland, I'm not sure. Lemons can stimulate salivary flow, and when I drank that I could actually feel the secretions, have slight swelling. Most don't have radiation effects until 10-14 days, but some in a few days.

2. I have tinnitus, hearing loss from chemo. I assume yours is cisplatin, which can cause loss of hearing, tinnitus. The MO can slow the rate of infusion, reduce dosage, change chemo if it's necessary, shorten duration of exposure or just monitor you.

3. Again, tell your doctor. It could be flu like symptoms from chemo and or rads,

4. The three bag larger dose infusions is the norm with cisplatin or weekly lower dose infusions. Some don't finish all 3, due to toxicities, so it's left out, but the chemo is still working as a radiosensitizer to make radiation work better. Don't plan on changing your treatment, which can reduce the overall effectiveness. The doctors will monitor you, and make that judgment.

I hope this helps, and good luck this week.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI
12/13 25 Protons 50Gy 6 Wks Carbo